McComb & Sons Funeral Home Records, 1926-1950
D. O. McComb & Sons Funeral Home was founded in 1925 by D. O. McComb, an individual well known in the community and a former Superintendent of Allen County Schools. D. O. McComb & Sons' original funeral home was located on East Lewis Street and in their first year of business served twenty families. In 1928, the Lakeside facility opened. In 1940, sons Walter and David joined the company and expanded the business to serve families not only with funeral needs but also to provide emergency ambulance service. In 1958, the Lakeside facility expanded to accommodate new services. Since 1958, six additional locations were added to better serve the greater Fort Wayne area.
The Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana transcribed data from the McComb & Sons Funeral Home's microfiche records and compiled an index in Microsoft Word for the 1926 through 1950 records. The original records as well as the microfiche copies of those records are in the possession of the funeral home. (The earliest records for 1925 and part of 1926 could not be located.) This search is a translation of their work. There may be additional data on a number of the actual records. The McComb & Sons Funeral Home's Main Office at Lakeside Park, 1140 Lake Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 46805-4341 can be contacted to inquire about specific additional data.
This database may be searched in the following ways:
- Fuzzy -- will search for that string of characters. Searching for Smith would find Smith, Smithson, Arrowsmith, etc.
- Exact -- will search only for that exact text. Searching for Smith will find only Smith.
- Soundex -- will search for the Soundex equivalent. Searching for Smith will find Smith, Smythe, Schmidt, etc.